One of my 21st birthday presents was the entire series of Sex and the City. And as goofy as it sounds to compare life to a television show... I am. I feel like my life used to be some sort of show with bad casting. In fact, the casting was so bad that characters constantly had to be rotated in and out. Moreover, there was no clear cut choice for the lead. Should she be sweet and sassy?
Wild and crazy? Lovable and cute? Bitchy and mean? You see--- I couldn't even cast myself in the story of my own life.Things are very different now. Everyone in my life is a clear character.
Lindsay is like my Charlotte. She's more kind than I can really hope to be. She is more boy crazy than I ever care to be. But she loves me for what I am even though we're so different.
Kristen is my Samantha-- in a good way. She keeps me laughing. We have more in common than we know. She is a constant surprise. She censors herself for no one. And on nights that I want to simply sit in silence, knowing that a good friends is there for me-- she is there every time.
Rachael is my Miranda--but only because she is red-headed. =)
And I guess I get to be Carrie because I'm a commit-a-phobic and I'm writing a blog...
I'll be graduating pretty soon and I don't know where I'll end up. But I do know that when I think about my college days I'll think about now. I'll think about watching trashy dating shows while eating birthday cake. I'll think about carving pumpkins with friends. I'll think about Wal-Mart runs that turn a little crazy. I'll think about wild nights with wilder friends.
And I'm sure I'll think about how I could tell these girls things I tell no one else. Only they know who holds the keys to my heart. They understand and accept my biggest pet peeves. They know what will make me laugh and what will make me cry.
If I was given the chance to cast my life right now-- they would be stars. They are characters and I love them for it. And I've finally figured out myself. No, life is not always perfect. In fact, it is stressful and hard and frankly I don't have enough time to get everything done. But I do know that I want to spend all my spare time with them... My all-star cast!


No comments:
Post a Comment