Sunday, November 1, 2009

Waiting for that Something...

I sometimes feel like something is waiting for me--- something great.

I sometimes dream that the "something" is the perfect man. A man that knows me better than I know myself. A man who is just as comfortable enjoying a night out as a night in. A man who holds me when I cry, can sing the words to all my favorite songs and buys me cupcakes just because. I sometimes dream that the perfect man is him. And although I know he will never be the one, I admit that sometimes thinking about the last time he kissed me and held me in his arms gets me to sleep after a bad day.

I sometimes dream that the "something" is the perfect career. A career where I wake up ready to go to work. A career that allows me to make enough money to be comfortable but never enough to make me jaded. A career that keeps me challenged and still allows me to spend a week with my family during Christmas. I sometimes dream that the perfect career is this. And although I don't yet know if this is what I want to spend the rest of my life doing, I admit that sometimes thinking about backing out of it now makes me feel like a failure.

I sometimes dream that the "something" is the perfect ending. An ending that brings a single tear to your eye. An ending that leaves you wanting more and yet, you are content with how it played out all at the same time. And ending that will be remembered and yet somehow never be as clear as it once was. I sometimes dream that the perfect ending is mine. It is within my grasp and one day I will share it with my kids around a campfire in my backyard. I admit that sometimes hoping that I am lucky enough to find a perfect ending gets me through a sad song on the radio.

I sometimes feel like something is waiting for me--- something great.

Maybe it is him...Maybe this is it... and if I am lucky enough, it just may be truly mine.

No comments: