Monday, April 27, 2009

All in the Game...

It is hard for me to believe that it has been nearly four years since I arrived in Conway and started a life of my own here. I have changed so much as an individual in that short amount of time.

Since freshmen year, I have fallen in love and fallen out of love. I have made amazing friends and also lost some along the way. I have made terrible decisions and then rebounded with great ones. I have neglected my scholarly duties and I have received top university honors. I have work late nights, early mornings and hit the road with Governor Beebe. My undergraduate experience has been an amazing blessing that I will be thankful for always.


I have recently begun planning a small reunion with several girls I spent much of my time with during my freshman year. During the process, I couldn't help but recall the many nights spent in Minton Hall with board games scattered across the floor and laughs echoing around the cramped rooms.

Those days were so carefree. I had four years ahead of me to find myself and to enjoy life to the fullest. I had four years to walk around a beautiful campus and have laughs and tears with good friends. Those four years have passed faster than I could have ever imagined.

I know that the next phase of my life will probably never be as carefree as those early board game nights-- Now I have to worry about jobs, car notes, insurance and other adult responsibilities. Still, if those early days of my freshman year taught me anything...I hope I learned how to sometimes sit all the stress aside and enjoy a good game of Apples to Apple and late night laughs with good friends!

No comments: