Sunday, January 6, 2008

Where Does The Fault Go?


I guess there are some things in this world that we'll never fully understand. Some of those things are of limitless beauty. Just try watching the Discovery Channel or Animal Planet. When you see of picture of a galaxy billions of light years away, you can only marvel at it with awe-- but your mind can't completely wrap itself around the concept. When you see a herd of elephants circling up to protect their young from a predator, you can see a strong bond-- but you can't quite grasp the connection.

I think that people are a lot like that as well. Sometimes you can admire someone for their beauty, strength, courage, etc. Yet, those same people are sometimes the most likely to disappoint you in other areas. More importantly, the strength you once admired can quickly transform into a weakness that you loath.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: No one is perfect. Sometimes you might really wish they were-- but it will never be true. People are going to make mistakes-- mistakes that will ultimately harm others or worse, themselves. In reality all you can do is to live your own life in a way that you can be proud of.

It is very common to see the beauty in other things. Still, how often do we look for the beauty in ourselves? In contrast, it is all too easy to point out the faults of others. Yet, how often are we capable of pointing out our own? It seems easy to give out advice all day long, but how often do we stop and actually listen to it?

So here's my peace: I'm sorry that you aren't who I made you out to be. That fault lies with me. I hope you find your own happiness. I hope you're capable of doing so. As for me, my happiness doesn't lie with you. It lies within myself...

No comments: