Monday, December 3, 2007

Come sit a while with me...

A lot has been on my mind lately. So much so that I haven't had the mental capacity to organize it into one cohesive post. Therefore, this post will be more of a rambling than anything else. Picture this with me-- you sit on a park bench beside me to talk and this is what pours from my mind.

I wonder how hard life will be after college. I wonder if I'll still get to go home from the holidays. I wonder if late nights out with friends will still be feasible.

I want to know why I fall for people I don't want to. I want to know why being near you gives me butterflies I don't want. I want to look ten years in the future and just see if it was worth it. Where am I? Where are you? Do we even think of each other in passing-- or are we finally together?

I want to savor every moment. Yet, they slowly seem to be slipping through my grasp. I'm ready for my time at work to be done. But I'm going to terribly miss the friends I've made along the way. What will my day even be without Ian, Brandon, Evan, Emily, Keri, Khris, Cameron, Sarah, Peach, Tremayne, Ronnie, Brian, Kelly, Terrance, High School, Brooks and everyone else!? Will I be lost?

Will it snow this year? If so, who will walk across campus with me in it? I love my classmates so much recently. They make my heart soar! They make school worth all the hassle.

Most importantly, I'm full. I'm full of laughter. I'm full of stress. I'm full of delight and despair. I'm full of hope and anger. I'm full of dreams but sometimes plagued by doubt. What will become of me? Of better yet-- What will I become?

No comments: