Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stressing Out...

What if I'm not good enough?
In the last 24 hours, I think I have had my first pre-law school panic attack. Everything is becoming so real. A few months ago I was worried about finding roommates and a place to live. And now that I have found some amazing roommates and a beautiful home, the real worries of law school are beginning to take over.

What if I'm not smart enough?
Academics have been relatively easy for me. In elementary school, the only thing I studied for were spelling tests and honestly, even when I didn't know how to spell something, typically I could just look at the word and rearrange the letters until it looked "right". I'm not sure that's an option in law school. In middle school, the only thing I ever worried about was if my clothes were the right name brand-- academics were never a concern. In high school, I was not the kid who had to bring homework home-- I was nearly always able to finish homework for 8 classes in a 30 minute study hall. I've always been smart enough...until now.

What if I don't have what it takes?
College wasn't much of a challenge for me. Of course I had projects that stressed me out or classes that I spent extra time on, but in all honesty, I don't think I've ever come up against something that I simply couldn't handle. Is law school going to be the thing that breaks me?

What if it is all too much?
Will I still have time for friends, family, daily workouts and the occasional movie night? What about finding time to find someone?...I've been single for 3 years and not that I want to rush into anything, but will I have time to find the happiness I deserve?

What if I can't handle it?
What if I feel trapped?
What if I want to give up?

What would I do then?

2 comments:

emerald_eyes said...

Oh skater, please don't worry so much! Like you said, you've never been up against something you couldn't handle, why would that randomly happen now. You are wonderful, strong willed, independent, motivated, and just all around super woman. You can achieve anything. And any time you need that little voice reminding you of all this, just call me. :)

the "florkens" said...

Thank you for the motivation.

It is always good to know that someone thinks you are "superwoman".

I love you friend. Very, very much.